Planning a trip to Pismo Beach soon with the family? You have picked a beautiful location for your next adventure. I have lived on the Central Coast my entire life and love these fun activities I’m recommending. The Central Coast is perfect for family photos if you want to schedule a session when you visit. Please send me an email if you need directions or more advice, enjoy!
1. Port San Luis Lighthouse, hike or take the tour bus
2. Tide Pools in Shell Beach. Be sure to check the tide levels before heading out.
3. Kayaking in Shell Beach or Baywood Park
4. Avila Beach Farmer’s market on Friday evenings
5. Monarch Grove butterfly park off Highway 1
6. Port San Luis
7. Bob Jones Trail
8. Montana de Oro
9. Wine Tasting in Edna Valley. Email me to find out where the very best Zinfandel is.
10. Day hikes in San Luis Obispo
Best Restaurants (in my opinion and experience)
1. For steak, Jocko’s Steak house in Nipomo
2. For seafood, Flagship in Pismo Beach
3. For specialty items, The Dolphin Bay Hotel Restaurant
4. For steak, Sea Venture Hotel Restaurant
5. For Italian, Del’s Pizzeria in Pismo Beach
6. For Breakfast, CJ’s cafe in Arroyo Grande
7. For Italian, Rose’s in Pismo Beach
8. For clam chowder, Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach or the Flying Dutchman in Morro Bay
9. For a steak experience, AJ Spurs in Grover Beach
10. For seafood, Custom House in Avila Beach